Who we are
Our website address is: http://jonastroyer.com This is the Website and Blog of Jonas Troyer
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you fill out the contact form on our website the information will be stored on our website as well as be sent to us via email.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We also use the Facebook Pixel on this website. If you visit this website the Facebook Pixel will add you to our custom audiences for 180 days. You can opt-out of these audiences anytime on Facebook.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your information with anyone to share it. It may be used to create a custom audience for marketing purposes.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
You can contact Jonas at any time via the contact page on this website or call him at 330-275-7910
How we protect your data
We do everything we can to prevent hackers from getting access to data.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We use an SSL Security certificate to keep our website more secure. We never give anyone access to our email auto-responder services that we don’t 100% trust.
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Joining our email newsletter.
When you voluntarily join our email newsletter, it gets sent to our Aweber account which is the email service provider we use to store and send out our email newsletter. You are welcome to unsubscribe at any time as well as request to have your information permanently deleted. We do not sell or rent or share your information with anyone at any time.
We do use affiliate links on this site, which means we may earn a commission when you click on such a link and make a purchase. We only use such links for products and services that we use or have used personally and/or would recommend to our friends.
1. Information We Collect When you use our website, we may collect the following types of personal information:
- Personal information that you provide to us when you register for an account, such as your name, email address, and password
- Personal information that you provide to us when you update your account, such as your address and phone number
- Personal information that you provide to us when you participate in our online community, such as your comments and posts
- information that we automatically collect when you use our website, such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system
- Cookies and similar technologies that we use to collect information about your use of our website, such as the pages you visit and the links you click.
2. How We Use Your Information We use your personal information to:
- Provide our services to you, such as creating and managing your account and facilitating your participation in our online community.
- Communicate with you about our services and respond to your inquiries and requests
- Personalize your experience on our website by showing you content and ads that are tailored to your interests
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage of our website: Detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
3. How We Protect Your Information We take appropriate measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, and alteration. We use industry-standard security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and secure socket layers (SSL) to protect your personal information.
4. Disclosure of Your Information We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis, and customer support. These service providers are only permitted to use your personal information to provide services to us and are required to keep your personal information confidential. We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement or government agencies as required by law or as necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others.
5. Your Rights You have certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to:
- Access your personal information and receive a copy of it
- Correct any inaccuracies in your personal information
- Delete your personal information
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information provided below.